The purpose of Redeeming Grace Church’s Prayer Ministry is to encourage and support all attending believers to communicate confidently, joyfully and expectantly with God through multiple opportunities of prayer. Our belief is that prayer is absolutely necessary to the life and well-being of each believer and to the church at large. God’s Word clearly teaches that a church should be birthed in prayer, maintained in prayer and overcoming the world through prayer.
God’s word continually demonstrates the necessity of prayer throughout. WHY?
- Because it is right – Luke 18:1
- Because it is commanded – 1 Cor. 7:5; 1 Thess. 5:17 & Col. 4:2
- Because it is a sin to neglect it – 1 Sam. 12:23
- Because neglect of it grieves God – Isa. 43:21-22 & Isa. 64:6-7
- Because it is a medium that God uses to bestow His blessings – Matt. 7:11 & Dan. 9:3
- Because it is essential to victory over the forces of evil – Eph. 6:12-18
- Because of the obligation imposed upon every believer by Jesus’ example – Heb. 5:7 & Mark 1:35
The key to a strong prayer life is realizing that each person’s relationship with God is unique and will be expressed in different ways. When Jesus’ followers asked Him how to pray, He told them, “When you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret…. and when you pray, do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles do, for they think that they will be heard for their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.” (Matthew 6:6-8)