Children's Ministry for Children nursery - 3rd grade that meets during our Worship Service. The teaching team sees itself as a support to parents. Their goal is to aid and encourage parents: to supplement them in the nurturing of their children in accordance to Scripture and the vision of the elders.
The Gospel Project
Our kids programs use The Gospel Project curriculum. The Gospel Project for Kids is a Christ-centered Bible study resource that follows a chronological timeline of Bible events - presenting the story of redemption. Kids will discover how the gospel unfolds from Genesis through Revelation. When kids truly experience the gospel, their hearts are transformed. Each week these stories come to life through video, music, activities and more.
The Children's Ministry of Redeeming Grace Church exists to glorify God by:
- Supporting and encouraging parents who are primarily responsible for teaching biblical truths to their children (Ephesians 6:4)
- Making the whole counsel of Scripture known to children with special emphasis on the Gospel (Deuteronomy 6:6-9; Romans 1:16-17)
- Praying for the children and relying on the Holy Spirit to regenerate their hearts through the faithful teaching of His Word (Romans 10:17; Ephesians 2:4-10)
- Living faithfully before the children and modeling for them how Christians are called to respond to God, interact with each other, and with the world around us (Matthew 5:16; Corinthians 11:1)
Supporting and Encouraging Parents
We believe that Scripture clearly teaches that parents have the primary responsibility to raise their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
This includes teaching them about God, discipling them and striving to honor God with their life’s example. The teaching team at Redeeming Grace Church sees itself as a support team to parents. It seeks to aid and encourage parents: to supplement them in the nurturing of their children in accordance with Scripture and the vision of the elders.
We also support our parents by providing them with a safe place for their children to worship the Lord. Here is a basic overview of our Children Protection policy.
- Require that all Children's Ministry Servants be members
- Require background checks and screening for those serving with children
- Require training for all servants
- Utilize a check in and out system
- Employ scheduling procedures and adult/child ratios that optimize safety
- Have first aid kits on hand
- Adhere to a healthy child policy for admittance
Make the whole counsel of Scripture known to children
We believe that the Word of God is the ultimate authority for all matters of life. To that end we want to come alongside the work that parents are already doing at home, during family worship, as they read and memorize Scripture, pray with and for their children, and model godly living. Our desire is to supplement this ongoing discipleship by utilizing a curriculum that teaches the whole counsel of God and exalts the Gospel as the children learn that it is not only for salvation but also for sanctification.
Praying for the children and relying on God to do the work
Our desire is that the children would grow in their knowledge and understanding of the Lord, but we also must remember who does the work. We must constantly remind ourselves of this truth.
Doing all these things educates the children and fertilizes their souls with the great things of God, but it does not guarantee nor bring conversion! That is a work of the Spirit alone! Facts can breed arrogance, just as lack of facts can breed ignorance.
So we humbly acknowledge our role before God to present the Gospel and the truth of God’s Word to the children and allow God alone to do the work of conversion. We join in the prayers of the parents as we seek to see the children repent and trust in Christ.
We desire to share not only the truth of God’s Word with the children but also to reveal the ongoing work of sanctification that God is working out in all of us. We want to demonstrate our own dependence upon God by prayer, study of the Word, and in our continuing battle with sin.